Sinus Treatment in Ayurveda
What is Sinusitis?
Sinusitis is a swelling, or an inflammation caused by the infection of the sinuses. Viral infection usually make such kind of inflammation. Sinusitis is commonly known as “pinas” in Ayurveda Treatment.
Normally, sinuses are small and they are filled with air (air-filled cavities). But when the sinuses become blocked with nasal fluids, the germs can grow and cause infection. Then obstruction of nasal breathing and inflammation occurs. Before going to discuss about sinus treatment in Ayurveda, you need to know about the sinus blockage.
There are some conditions that can cause sinus blockage. They are –
- Common cold
- Blocked drainage channels
- Structural differences in the drainage channels
- Allergic rhinitis (edema or swelling of the lining of the nose)
- Nasal polyps (small growths in the lining of the nose)
- Allergic rhinitis (swelling of the lining of the nose)
- Deviated or curved septum (a shift in the nasal cavity)
- Weak immune system of the body.
Sinusitis Treatment in Ayurveda
Sinusitis is a very big problem to many people. It makes trouble in breathing. You can get temporary relief by using OTC drugs to the symptoms to sinusitis. Sinus treatment in Ayurveda will help you to remove your sinusitis problem.
You can use Ayurveda treatment to get a permanent relief from such kind of problem. It is a natural remedy. You will get relief from the symptoms of sinusitis for a long period of time. Ayurveda treatment offers you a long term benefits in case of sinusitis problem. There is no side effects of this kind of treatment.
Ayurvedic Management of Sinusitis
Some therapy and ayurvedic management can remove your sinusitis problem. Here are some ayurvedic solutions to manage your sinus problem. Sinus treatment in Ayurveda is very popular in the Indian sub continent.
Ayurveda for Sinusitis:
Ayurvedic treatment for sinusitis Nasya
Ayurvedic treatment for sinusitis nasya is very popular. Herbal powders, oils etc are used in case of it.
Nasya therapy (shiro virechana)
This is a useful ayurvedic therapy in case of sinus treatment in Ayurveda. In such kind of therapy, you will use herbal powders, oils and herbs. After using or administrating these products via the nostrils, they will stimulate the secretion of your mucus.
This therapy clear the blockages of the nasal and sinus passages. The patient needs a vigorous head massage as well as a medicated steam inhalation before starting this treatment.
Dhumapana with Haridra churnam
This treatment removes and clear the nasal passage and reduce the pain and inflammation.
Nasal steam inhalation
It is an inhalation process. Very effective in case of sinus treatment in Ayurveda. You can inhale the mixture of camphor and menthol steam twice a day. This will reduce congestion of your sinus or nasal cavity.You can inhale the mixture of camphor and menthol steam twice a day. This will reduce congestion of your sinus or nasal cavity. Click To Tweet
Ayurvedic remedies for sinusitis
Ayurvedic remedies are used in case of sinusitis treatment. Here we are going to discuss about the best Ayurvedic remedies for sinusitis. Ayurvedic medicines for sinusitis are listed below.
Ayurvedic Medicines List
- Nilsin Capsule: It is a very effective ayurvedic medicine. You can use this medicine for sinusitis and allergic rhinitis. Formula of this capsule – (Nag Guti + Sitopaladi Churna+ Mahsudarshan Churna + Vacha)
Working methods of Nilsin Capsule:
- It inhibits the growth of bacteria and fungi.
- Prostaglandin and leukotriene synthesis are inhibited.
- Nilsin Capsule controls the secretion of insulin.
- This treatment clears the airways of the sinuses.
- This reduces the nasopharyngeal congestion.
- Pratishyayahara Vati: It is a good ayurvedic proprietary medicine for the problems of sinusitis. It consists of Trikatu.
Working Formula of Pratishyayahara Vati:
- It will give you relief from cold, runny nose, and sneezing.
- This medicine is also effective in acute and chronic rhinitis.
- It is effective in case of flu, sinusitis and rhinitis.
- Children can use this medicine for their sinus treatment in Ayurveda
- No side-effects of this medicine.
- Sinus-44 Cap: This ayurvedic proprietary medicine is also effective against sinusitis. This medicine is formulated with herbs. It helps in liquifying of phlegm. Sinus-44 Cap has added an extra value in the sinus treatment in Ayurveda.
Working Formula of Sinus-44 Cap:
- You will get relief from the inflammation of sinuses.
- It will protect you from the allergies, cold or infections.
- This works against cold and flu.
- Make an easy air passage.
- This treatment keeps your head light.
- Keep safe from the bad headache.
- Sinus-44 is 100% safe product.
- Does not cause any side-effects.
- No chance of getting nausea or sleepiness.
- Cold Balm: It is an ayurvedic herbal balm to get relief from cold and pain.
Working Formula of Cold Balm:
- It will help you to get relief from the sinus problem.
- Liquifying the mucus, cold balm soothes chest congestion rapidly.
- Relief from the bad headache due to sinus congestion.
- It is also effective in different types of muscular pain.
- This medicine removes the body aches connected with common cold.
- Reduction of nasal stuffiness and sneezing.
- It reduces fever and nerve pain.
- Lakshmi Vilas Ras: It helps to treat headache, pain in forehead and nasal allergy. It also helps you to develop the immune system of the body.
Ayurvedic Nasal Drops for Sinus
You can use ayurvedic nasal drops for your sinus recovery or improvement. During sinus treatment in Ayurveda, you can use some recommended drops.
- Dabur Ayurvedic NASAL DROPS PACK
- Anu Thailam – Ayurvedic Nasal Drops
- Jiva Anu Oil – 20 ml
Herbal Therapy for Sinusitis
There are some herbal therapies for sinus treatment in Ayurveda as well as management. Herbs are used in case of ayurvedic treatment for sinusitis.
- Haridra Khanda
- Dasamoola Kashayam
- Vyosadi Vatakam
- Chitraka Haritaki
Foods Good for Sinusitis as per Ayurveda
- Avoid hot chillies, cold drinks and ice creams.
- You should take light foods during sinus treatment in Ayurveda.
- Take vegetables and fruits in your diet.
- Specialists recommended Vata Kapha calming diet.
- Please avoid these foods – bananas, tomatoes, eggplant, and bell peppers. These foods can increase the clog of your sinuses.
Sinus Ayurvedic tablets
You can use “Ayurveda Yogashram Az-Sinus Herbal Capsules” for your sinus treatment in Ayurveda.
1. What are the types of sinusitis?
Types of sinusitis
- Acute sinusitis
- Chronic sinusitis
- Subacute sinusitis
- Recurrent sinusitis
2. What are the signs and symptoms of sinusitis?
Signs and symptoms of sinusitis
- Nasal inflammation
- Thick, discolored discharge from the nose
- Postnasal drainage
- Obstruction or congestion of nose
- Difficulty in breathing
- Pain, tenderness
- Swelling around the nose, eyes, cheeks, or forehead area
- Reduction of sense of smell
- Decrease in the sense of taste
3. What are the causes of sinusitis?
Causes of Sinusitis
- Nasal polyps
- Deviated nasal septum
- A crooked septum
- Respiratory tract infections
- Hay fever
- Exposure to dusty and dry weather
- Respiratory infections
- Pollen allergies or dust allergies