Obstetrics & Gynecology
What is Gynecology?
Gynecology is a branch of medicine which deals with the health of the female reproductive systems, and just as gynecology is the study of women’s reproductive organs, it is also the study of the female reproductive tract.
Types of Gynecologists
There are two different types of Gynecologists; one of them is a Gynecologist (Obstetrician), who is a medical doctor that specializes in female reproductive organ health and the second type is a Gynecologist (Gynae), who also has medical training that is focused on female reproductive organ health but they also specialize in the study of female reproductive tract anatomy and physiology.
In order to become a Gynecologist Gynae, a person needs to earn a bachelor of science degree in medicine and complete three years of medical school, and they can also earn a doctor of medicine degree or a doctor of osteopathy degree.
Gynecology is a very complicated field and it is very important that a doctor is very knowledgeable in all of the fields that gynecologists specialize in, because not only do they need to get to know their patient’s reproductive organs, they also need to get to know their patient’s anatomy and physiology, and they also need to have knowledge in the field of endocrinology, which is the study of the female hormones.
A fertility doctor is a medical doctor that specializes in the care of women who are trying to become pregnant. They also have a special interest in the area of reproductive hormones, which is the study of the female hormones. A fertility doctor is an expert in the diagnosis and treatment of infertility, which is the inability to get pregnant.
There are many causes of infertility, and not all of them are reversible. A fertility doctor is a human who has a doctor of medicine degree and is trained to specialize in the care of female reproductive organ health and the areas of infertility that the doctor specializes in.
A gynecologist is a medical doctor that specializes in female reproductive organ health. They are also a human that has a doctor of medicine degree and is trained to specialize in the study of the female reproductive tract.
Gynecology is a medical specialty that is mainly focused on the diagnosis and treatment of diseases that affect the female reproductive organs, which are the reproductive organs which produce eggs and carry the ovum.
What exactly does a gynecologist do?
“A gynecologist is a physician who is qualified by medical education and training to treat diseases of the female reproductive system, and other disorders that are specific to women.”
- Gynaecologists provide counseling and advice to women regarding their menstrual cycle, pregnancy, abortion, childbirth, sexual health and menopause.
- They ensure that women have appropriate changes in their monthly period and that they have regular, easily recognizable periods.
- Gynecologists assess women’s reproductive health before they get pregnant to evaluate whether they are at risk of harm from pregnancy or other factors; and before they start having children to ensure they are healthy and ready to conceive.
- Gynecologists assess and treat many common gynecologic diseases. Most women who seek gynecological care have some problem with the female reproductive system. Gynecologists help them understand their problems and treat them as they would other medical problems.
- They also treat conditions that are more severe. For example, they assess and monitor women who have early pregnancies to prevent them from developing complications.
- They determine the date of a woman’s last menstrual period. They diagnose infertility problems. They treat abnormally heavy periods for women who are not pregnant.
To know more about the gynecologist, please visit here – Clinica de aborto legal en CDMX